We’re excited to introduce you to Zum’s modern, efficient, sustainable and safe student transportation solution. We’re delivering a better school bus experience for your kids, a better way to track and manage routes for school administrators, and peace of mind for parents just like you.
We’re looking forward to making the school year great for you and your students.
Let’s get ready for the first day of school.
Step 1: Download the Zum App
Click the link below to download the Parent App. Use the mobile phone number or email address your student’s school has on file to log in.
Note that your student’s school district policies determine whether or not Zum is able to send you an account verification email directly. As long as you use the email address and phone number your school has on file, you will be able to log into the Parent App.
With the Zūm App, you can better protect your student’s safety by:
- Tracking your student’s ride in real-time and receive ride updates
- View your driver’s profile and vehicle assigned to transport your student
- Viewing pick-up and drop-off time estimate
- Chat with our support team if needed
- Cancel rides when necessary
Step 2: Get set up for success
- Log into your account with the phone number or email address supplied to your school/district.
- Wait for the 6-digit verification code to be automatically texted or emailed to you (method will depend on how you logged in), then enter it and click Next.
- Check that your student(s) name is correct and make sure a recent photo is uploaded—this helps our Zum drivers identify their valuable charges.
- To upload a new photo, simply click on Manage Members in the main navigation, then select your child’s profile and Edit. The pencil icon over the previous or placeholder photo will prompt you to select a new photo from your mobile photo album.
- Make sure you’re receiving Zum notifications so you’ll know when the bus is approaching and when your student has arrived at school.
Unable to log in? Contact our Zum Support Team:
- Via phone at 1-855- RIDEZUM (1-855-743-3986)
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Protect your child against COVID-19
Nothing is more important to Zūm than the health and safety of students and drivers. To protect students, drivers, and community stakeholders during the pandemic, we are following all of the latest CDC guidance per school and district mandates.
About the drivers
About the Parent App
Zum, a woman-led, innovation-driven company
Since its founding in 2014 in the California Bay Area, Zūm has been dedicated to providing modernized, safe, and sustainable student transportation that benefits students, families, and schools/districts. We’re honored to earn the trust of over 4,000 schools and be awarded for the effort we made.
Ritu Narayan, Founder & CEO
As a first generation, female immigrant to the United States, Ritu started the company to solve a challenge she had experienced personally as a working mother – how not to quit her day job to transport her two children safely and reliably! Inspired by her mother, an educator who was dedicated to bringing positive change to society, Ritu never lets her gender, skin color, race, or lack of precedents come in her way. Under her leadership, Zūm is now leading the change and bringing the century-old, antiquated industry of school transportation into a new age.
Zum’s mission is to re-imagine student transportation
Zūm offers transportation for all student needs. Whether it’s home-to-school transportation, off-campus events, or delivery of meals and educational materials — we’re committed to meeting the dynamic daily needs of the school/district’s student population. We plan and optimize routes and schedules using our proprietary technology and take care of daily transport operations. We streamline school/district’s transportation capacity with our network of any size vehicles.
Any size assets: Our approach of any size vehicles reduces the need for costly “one size fits all” yellow buses.
Optimized routes: Our proprietary technology ensures commute times are minimized while deploying the right size of vehicles.
Single platform: Districts, schools, parents, students and drivers are kept informed of vehicle locations in real-time.
Dynamic updates: Parents can cancel their child’s ride via the Zūm platform, improving route efficiency.
Improved student experience: Our service reduces the anxiety around “just getting to school” and improves engagement once children arrive at school.
COVID-19 safety: Our flexible solution incorporates CDC guidelines, such as staggered shifts, physically distanced seating, self-certification and contact tracing.